GTT OnSET is a unique company offering both the engineering and field expertise to help clients assess their plant systems and equipment. Experienced personnel, reliability programs, current and advanced non-destructive inspection techniques, failure analysis and engineering capabilities help clients reach their plant integrity and reliability goals.
All services are provided from our Head Office in Mississauga, please contact our team for more information or to arrange our services. Contact Us
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in industry to evaluate the properties of materials, components or systems without causing damage. The terms Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI), and Non-Destructive evaluation (NDE) are also commonly used to describe this technology. Because NDT does not permanently alter the article being inspected, it is a highly valuable technique that can save both money and time in product evaluation, troubleshooting, and research.
Note, inspectors travel from Mississauga to Alberta as needed.
Non-Destructive Testing and Inspection Methods
- Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant
- Ultrasonics, Phased Array, Guided Wave
- IRIS Tube Scanning
- Eddy Current
- Infrared Inspection
- On-Site Metallurgy
- Video probe and Borescope Inspection
- Floor Scanner
- Acoustic Emission
Sample Application for Non-Destructive Testing & Inspection
- Boilers (High & Low pressure, Recovery, Co Gen)
- Condensate Tanks
- Piping Surveys
- Heat Exchangers
- Paper Machines
- Steam Dryer Cans
- Storage Tanks (Above & Below Ground)
- Lifting Devices
- Weld Inspections
Field & Shop Services
GTT OnSET provides the following services:
- Full service in all non-destructive testing methods
- API 510, 653 and CWB W178.2
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Integrity Studies
- Third Party Inspection
- Field repairs and system upgrades
- CRN Application and Engineering
GTT OnSET’s Shop Services department performs non-destructive testing techniques for small or large volume parts. See inspections and certifications.
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Registered to IS0 9001:2015
- Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA)
- National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors
GTT OnSET through its experienced technical personnel have developed reliability programs for industrial equipment including boilers, pressure vessels, HVAC equipment, storage tanks and related components.
We use engineering and industry standards along with various non-destructive testing techniques to evaluate the present condition of equipment and determine what needs to be completed to bring the equipment into an efficient operating condition. This can include both repairs/upgrades to the equipment and/or changes to operating procedures.
The GTT OnSET team also performs complete system evaluations related to heating and cooling.
Our reliability programs were developed to save our clients money by:
• Assuring that all equipment vital to capital investment programs are reliable
• Avoiding expensive emergency breakdown and repair costs
• Improving equipment and system reliability
• Increase the life of the equipment and improve system efficiency with recommendations derived from the evaluation
Installation & Repairs
GTT OnSET is a group of highly experienced and dedicated professionals with an average experience of more than 25 years. You benefit immediately with GTT OnSET’s access and experience with pre-qualified and outsourced expert and specialist firms, engineers and technicians.
Our role is to be both responsible and accountable for you achieving your goals. Outsourced consultants, specialists, and engineers work to detailed concepts. Cost and quality installation advantages is achieved by a ‘one-stop’ service which fully co-ordinates all professions and trades to pre-planned outcomes thus avoiding weak links or divided responsibilities.
We help you realize the full economic and environmental potential of effective and comprehensive mechanical and electrical systems improvements in existing and new facilities.
New Installation and Repair services:
GTT OnSET helps you realize the full economic and environmental potential of effective and comprehensive mechanical and electrical systems improvements in existing and new facilities.
GTT OnSET’s “New Installation and Repair” service offers you:
- Impartial review of existing systems and equipment
- The ability to identify opportunities consistent with existing and future conditions
- Impartial Program/project design, review and evaluation
- Advise on high efficiency boilers
- Project management of repairs and/or upgrades
- Complete repairs to meet code requirements
- Retubing Services both Installation & Removal
GTT OnSET’s professional engineers assist our clients through the red tape and technical aspects of a project.
Whether it is for system design or upgrades, equipment reliability, or working with TSSA for CRN approvals, our engineers have both the skills and field experience to help clients meet or exceed their engineering goals.
All Laboratory Samples to be shipped to our Mississauga office at
5629 McAdam Road
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N9
For assistance please contact Theresa Hicks, Administrative Assistant
Phone: 905-847-9300 x 26
- Wear Metal Oil Analysis for HVAC industry
- Refrigerant analysis for HVAC industry
- Bromide solution analysis for HVAC industry
- Glycol Analysis
- Failure Analysis
- Element scans